Why Study Music?
Monday, June 10, 2019 by Bethany Coad | Uncategorized
Why study music?
If you are on the fence about whether to include music in your child's (or your's!) daily schedule, consider the benefits.
Music has been scientifically linked to -
- greater brain stimulation
- contributing to problem solving skills, critical thinking
- multi-sensory development
- both left brain (math skills) and right brain (creativity) facets
- speech and language development
- helping multiple intelligences in cognitive and communication skills
- combating anxiety and giving an outlet to healthy emotional expression
Parent tip - don't let your child have an option for studying some type of music. Practice won't always be fun or enticing, but it will always worth it! The biggest regret we hear from adults is "I wish my parents had made me keep up with music." You can do it!
What's not to love about music??